Adsense

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gardening supplies for your Garden, Tomoto's,Flower Bulbs,Flowers

Yesterday we talked about the wonders of using the right tools to get the job done. Now that we have that out of the way, let's talk about what we are going to put into that garden. Flower Bulbs, onions, tomoto's,bell peppers,jalepeno's or just putting in a flower garden.




What type of garden are you planting? I usually plant a little of both! Only because if you have read any of my previous blogs you would know that I love flowers! I always even if the season doesn't turn out to be what I thought it would be, plant tomoto's. Nothing taste better than a homegrown tomoto, i think it's the dirt taste. What do you think about the taste of those tomoto's in the store? Not very much flavor, give me a home grown one any ole day ..keeps ya wanting to come back for more. I plant the Beef Steak tomoto's and usually one cherry tomoto plant.



I have a inground swimming pool in my back yard and living in the midwest it can still stay hot at night. I have planting areas by the side, far enough away so that the tomoto's don't fall into the pool. The point I am trying to make is the humidity from the pool and the inground watering hoses make these tomoto's a delicous treat. I haven't tried the topsy turvey planters yet, have you? Do the tomoto's fall right on the ground and do they work good for you? I guess I am older and set in my ways and enjoy the old fashioned way of planting plants.



Now as I have stated before I am a flower lover! I always plant petunia's every year.. They make me happy with all the colors that they come in. Plus the petunia's attrack hummingbirds! I also put up feeders for them, so they come back year after year. Ok back to the flowers, one of my favorite flowers to plant in Oregon was the Begonia's. They are a tuberous plant, planting them around March and watch them grow. Just FYI if you plant a Begonia only plant about 1 inch deep in the soil with the seed looking side up. Cover with dirt and water and in about two weeks you will see some sinking soil, don't despare that means soon your going to have some pretty leaves first, then the beautiful flowers. I love the Orange,Red,Yellow colors of those begonias.



If you are looking for some interesting ways to decorate your back yard you should check this out!
Check out Sun and Earth.com
Let me know what your doing with your garden.


Happy Gardening and God Bless!



Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment