Adsense

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holland tulip bulbs,daffodils,crocuses..Flowers for Spring!

Don't you just love the extra color those flowers bring to your yard this time of the year?

My oh my" those daffodils,crocus,and tulips are showing there colors which make my heart so happy!

The thing that I find wonderful about tulips, daffodils ,crocus and roses is you plant them once and they live happily ever after!

Thought I would share this tip with you about my daffodils, when they are done blooming, I fold them over, put a rubberband around them, which sends the nutrients back to the bulbs, which generates more bulbs for next year!

Now, my rose bushes....fragrant aroma...oh yeah! I have purple (actually called blue boy) I call it purple, peace roses,red roses, and orange! Don't you just love it when you cut some and put them on your table to share with the rest of the family? I love to share with my friends, the more you cut the flowers, the happier they are.

A tip to share about the rose bushes! I put old dawn dishwashing soap on them. It keeps the aiphids off. Yep and if you have orange or lemon peels or coffee grounds they love all that. It helps with the acidicity both from the orange and lemon peels as well as the coffee grounds. I don't think the caffeine bothers them, they seem to sleep just fine at night.

I might be a little lazy....I really love the plants you put in the ground one time and the next year here they come again! Kind of like that song, here you come again.

Hope you enjoyed! God Bless!

http://www.tissotweet.com check this out if you want to see my photo's of my yard!

Oh ...ok..I will share one picture with you! Come on over and check the other pictures out!
See the picture to your right?
thought you might like to see my holland tulips I took pictures of today!

You might also want to check out Lowe's, I don't know if you know this but they offer 100% money back if your plant doesn't make it through the year. I have used this program that lowe's has, you might want to hang onto your receipt, but they will honor this program.

Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment